Sunday, December 5, 2010

The BUSINESS of Entertainment Business

The Entertainment Business industry is varied and multi-dimensional. Personally and professionally, I prefer the aspect of live music within the industry. I have been honored to work for nearly 12 years at the première performing arts venue north of the San Francisco Bay area called Wells Fargo Center for the Arts. The mission of this renowned non-profit arts center is to “Enrich. Educate. Entertain. Connecting our Community through the Arts.” The website is wellsfargocenterarts.org/

I am near completion of an Entertainment Business Master of Science degree from prestigious Full Sail University, a leader in education within the industry. Here is a link to the website for more information: http://www.fullsail.edu/degrees/entertainment-business-masters. Upon completing graduate school, I hope to advance my career preferably at my current place of employment.

Additionally, I want to start a business in the industry based on my business plan that I have been working on at Full Sail University for the Entertainment Business Master of Science degree. The business plan is for my company called A Miracle Production (AMP) The parent company that I have been running for many years is called Miracle Marketing whose website is www.MiracleMarketing.biz.

The importance of a professional network to entrepreneurs in entertainment business is vital. For example, it was because of a course assignment for the Entertainment Business program that I had the opportunity to interview Catherine Enny of Guerrilla Management. One of the famous bands she manages is Michael Franti & Spearhead. The band’s website is michaelfranti.com/. I appreciate and value the importance of networking with others in the industry.

Digital media is on the cutting-edge of shaping the way people conduct business and market products and services. Three ways that professionals in the Entertainment Business industry can use digital media to help kick-start their careers are to 1) develop and maintain a strong social media presence, 2) research innovations in the field, and 3) apply those innovations to enhance their own business or improve the organization in which they work.

No comments:

Post a Comment